P0135 – FAULTY CIRCUIT IN THE OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER (BANK 1, SENSOR 1)
Symptoms of Error Code P0135 General
- Check that the engine indicator light is on.
- Fuel consumption may be higher than usual.
Causes of OBD2 code P0135 Generic
Diagnostic code P0135 may have one or more of the following problems:
- The O2 oxygen sensor (oxygen sensor) may be damaged.
- The O2 oxygen sensor heater may have high resistance or may be shorted.
- The engine control module (ECM) may be damaged or the wiring may be damaged.
DTC Description P0135 Generic
Oxygen (O2) sensors must have a minimum operating temperature of 750 degrees F and it is necessary to send an accurate voltage signal.
Depending on how quickly the sensor reaches this temperature, the faster the signal will reach the ECM (Engine Control module). For the temperature to be reached, this sensor includes a heating element that is controlled by the engine control module based on coolant temperature and engine load signals. In addition, the ECM controls the heater’s circuit, allowing current to ground, also verifies the voltage signal received by the heater’s circuit and determines the state of the circuit in comparison with the voltage detected by the factory specifications.