P0134 – OXYGEN SENSOR (BANK 1, SENSOR 1) – UNDETECTED ACTIVITY
Symptoms of Error Code P0134 General
- Check that the engine indicator light is on.
- The engine is not working properly.
- You can see that the smoke coming from the exhaust is black.
- Low fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 code P0134 Generic
Error code P0134 OBD2 may have one or more of the following problems:
- There are holes in the exhaust.
- The fuse in the oxygen sensor circuit may be blown.
- The oxygen sensor wire or connector may be worn.
- The oxygen sensor (O2) may be damaged.
DTC Description P0134 Generic
The front O2 oxygen sensor (O2 1) is located in the exhaust manifold, and its function is to detect the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas, which compared to outside air. This sensor has a ceramic zirconium tube that is closed at one end. This material helps generate a voltage of about 1V in richer conditions and 0V in lower ones.
PCM (Powerrain Control Module) generates a reference voltage of ± 450 mV in the oxygen sensor signal circuit. When the vehicle control module (PCM) determines that the time it takes for the sensor to warm up is longer than 1 minute or that the voltage is not within the 391-49 mV range, it interprets the sensor as inactive or open and sets DTC P0134.