P0100 Mass or volume air flow sensor – malfunction
DTC Description P0100 General
The mass air flow (MAF) sensor is located in the engine’s air intake duct, under the air filter. Its function is to measure both the volume and density of air entering the engine. Although the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor measures only a portion of the air entering the engine, the value it provides is used to calculate the total volume and density of air entering the engine.
When P0100 OBD2 error code is set, it means that the powertrain control module (ECM) has detected a failure of the MAF sensor or its circuit. Leakage of left air into the engine after the flow meter can also be a problem.
Symptoms of a general failure code P0100
- The Check Engine lamp lights up.
- The smoke coming out of the tailpipe is black.
- There may be difficulties when starting the engine.
- Performance down
- increased combustion
- Generating errors related to the lambda probe
Causes of general OBD2 code P0100
Diagnostic code P0100 OBDII can mean that:
- There is leaks in intake air.
- The fuel vapor discharge valve from the tank is damaged and introduces additional air into the inlet
- Broken gasket under the throttle or intake manifold
- Vacuum hoses worn
- The cables or their connectors to the mass air flow (MAF) sensor may be worn or rubbing, which in turn causes a short circuit.
- The mass air flow (MAF) sensor may be dirty.
- MAF sensor may be damaged.
Possible solutions for the general code DTC P0100
To resolve DTC P0100 OBD2, you can do the following:
Check all cables and their corresponding connectors to the mass air flow (MAF) sensor. Make sure they are not broken or worn. Repair or change as needed.
Check for air leaks in the intake system. Repair if you find a leak.
Check that the hot air flow sensor (MAF) wire is free of dirt and dust. If the air filter is dirty, it can be replaced.
There are intake air intake systems that have a mesh, in which case you can make sure it is clean.
Perhaps the reason for this code is the high resistance in the MAP sensor (multiple absolute pressure sensor) ground circuit.
Change the MAF sensor.