P0132 O2 Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 1) – High voltage
Symptoms of P0132 error code Generic
- Check that the engine warning light is on.
- Increases fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 code P0132 Generic
Factors that can lead to the determination of OBDII error code P0132 can be:
- Very high fuel temperature.
- An O2 short circuit (oxygen sensor) may occur in the heating element circuit.
- Oxygen sensor wires may be damaged or broken.
DTC Description P0132 Generic
Diagnostic code P0132 OBD2 refers to oxygen sensor (O2) number 1 in bank number 1. Basically, this means that the oxygen sensor (O2) reading is above the normal range, i.e. this sensor has too high voltage for a long time and does not switch up again. This diagnostic code should be handled very quickly because if it remains on for a long time, the three-way catalyst (TWC) may be damaged.