P0130 – OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT FAILURE (O2) (BANK SENSOR 1 1)
Symptoms of P0130 error code General
- Check that the engine service indicator light is on.
- Fuel consumption is high.
- Excessive smoke from the exhaust system.
- Engine operation is not normal.
Causes of OBD2 code P0130 Generic
Usually the solution for this diagnostic code is to change the oxygen sensor, but also the P0130 code may have one or more of the following problems, so we recommend performing the following checks before performing the sensor change:
- Water has caused corrosion at the connector.
- Some loose clamp in the connector.
- Burned cable in exhaust parts.
- Short circuit in wiring caused by friction of motor components.
- There may be one or more openings in the exhaust system and therefore oxygen is not measured in the exhaust system.
- The PCM (Power Control Module) may be damaged.
DTC Description P0130 Generic
The oxygen sensor (SO2 1) is located in the exhaust manifold, whose function is to detect the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to outside air. SO2 1 finally has a closed tube made of ceramic zirconium, a voltage generating material depending on the conditions, e.g. at 1V in rich conditions and at 0V in milder conditions.
This sensor sends a signal to the ECM (Engine Control module), which regulates the duration of the injection drive, thus achieving an ideal air-fuel ratio. This ratio is generated close to a radical change from 1V to 0V.