P0103 Mass or volume air flow sensor – high input signal
Symptoms of the general failure code P0103
- The Check Engine lamp lights up.
- The smoke coming out of the tailpipe is black.
- There may be difficulties when starting the engine.
- Performance down
- Generating errors related to the lambda probe
Causes of general OBD2 code P0103
Diagnostic code P0103 OBDII may mean that:
- Short to power plus in the wires leading to the flow meter
- ECM engine driver damaged
- The cables or their connectors to the mass air flow (MAF) sensor may be worn or rubbing, which in turn causes a short circuit.
- The mass air flow (MAF) sensor may be dirty.
- MAF sensor may be damaged.
Possible solutions for general code DTC P0103
To resolve DTC P0103 OBD2, you can do the following:
Check all cables and their corresponding connectors to the mass air flow (MAF) sensor. Make sure they are not broken or worn. Repair or change as needed.
Check for air leaks in the intake system. Repair if you find a leak.
Check that the hot air flow sensor (MAF) wire is free of dirt and dust. If the air filter is dirty, it can be replaced.
There are intake air intake systems that have a mesh, in which case you can make sure it is clean.
Perhaps the reason for this code is the high resistance in the MAP sensor (multiple absolute pressure sensor) ground circuit.
Change the MAF sensor.
DTC Description P0103 General
The MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is used to measure both the volume and density of air entering the engine. It should be mentioned that this sensor only measures a portion of the air entering the engine, and with this information the total volume and density of the air consumed is calculated.
The reading taken by the mass air flow (MAF) sensor is sent to the propulsion control module (PCM), which, along with other sensor parameters, uses this information and guarantees correct fuel delivery at the right time, thereby achieving the most optimal power and fuel efficiency.
When the DTC P0103 OBD2 sets, the MAF sensor or circuit is high. PCM (powertrain control module) has detected that the actual frequency of the sensor signal from the MAF is not within the expected range.