P0115 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor – Malfunction
DTC Description P0115 General
Error code OB0 II P0115 is defined as “Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Malfunction” and is set when the ECM (Engine Control Module) detects a voltage in the engine coolant temperature sensor circuit that is out of range.
Causes of general failure code P0115
- Worn, damaged, shorted or corroded wires and connectors.
- Defective coolant temperature sensors.
- Low engine coolant level. Note that other warning lights and codes may be present when the coolant level is low.
- Poor coolant circulation.
- Engine control module failure. Keep in mind that this is a rare event and you should look for the faults elsewhere before replacing any driver.
Symptoms of the general failure code P0115
- Radiator fans start working moments after starting the car
- Engine failure indicator light on
- The AC air conditioning compressor will receive the OFF command