P0009 -Efficiency of engine position system bank2
Code P0009 is associated with the timing mechanism
It can be accompanied by codes: P0008, P0010, P0011, P0012, P0013, P0014, P0015, P0016, P0017, P0018, P0019 and many others.
What does the code P0009 mean?
P0009 is a general OBD-II code that indicates a problem with the engine control module (ECM) detecting changes in mechanical synchronization between the crankshaft and camshaft
The ECM uses sensors to detect the position of the crankshaft and camshafts. Using these signals, the ECM controls the ignition and synchronization of fuel at various speeds and loads. the appearance of a fault will cause the engine failure indicator lamp to light up and possibly lower the car’s performance.
What causes the code P0009?
The Engine Position System Performance Code can have several causes:
- The timing is incorrectly set, or the gear belt leaps.
- Worn timing components (chains, gears, guides)
- Crankshaft or camshaft damage
- Damage to the camshaft timing wheels
- Damage to the pulser on the camshaft or shaft
- Obsolete ECM software
- Internal ECM damage
- Problem with timing chain tensioner
What are the symptoms of P0009 code?
Code P0009 will display the engine failure light on the dashboard;
- Wave rotation
- decrease in engine performance
- Increased combustion